Dallas, TX – Over 150 brothers gathered in Dallas, TX during the weekend of July 24-26th at the Dallas Marriott City Center for the 13th Convention and 16 Year Gala. Brothers from all over the country convened for a successful weekend filled with national updates, policy discussions, elections, networking, office hours, risk management training, career panel breakouts, meetings, updates from the Board of Trustees, and celebration. The weekend was an opportunity for brothers to meet each other from all over the country and foster the bond of brotherhood. Brothers of similar careers were able to network amongst each other along with alumni and gain a different and fresh perspective on their professional career paths.
A notable event that occurred at this year’s National Convention was the motion to officially appoint the Board of Directors, and Executive Board, for the Beta Chi Theta Foundation. Beta Chi Theta National Fraternity, Inc. recently hired Fraternal Law Partners to assist with creating the Foundation. The process is currently underway, and at this year’s convention, the following individuals were voted in as the inaugural Board of Directors, and Executive Board.
2015-2018 Beta Chi Theta Foundation Board of Directors:
- Vivek Surti - Theta Chapter, Alpha Class
- Vinay Kohli - Eta Chapter, Alpha Class
- Jay Bhimani - Iota Chapter, Gamma Class
2015-2016 Beta Chi Theta Foundation Executive Board:
- Foundation Director: Jay Bhimani – Iota Chapter, Gamma Class
- Director of Strategic Initiatives: Samarth Patel – Psi Colony, Zeta Class
- Director of Finance – Pathik Patel – Psi Colony, Alpha Class
National Convention weekend is also a time to celebrate and award those brothers and chapters that stand out throughout the year and go above and beyond what is expected. In addition, colonies are given a chance to apply for chapter status, and National Board elections occur. The following chapters and colonies received awards at the 16 Year Gala:
- Chapter of the Year: Alpha Alpha Chapter – Northeastern University
- National Outstanding Philanthropy Program: Upsilon Chapter – University of Texas at Dallas
- National Outstanding Alumni Relations Program: Lambda Chapter – University of Minnesota
- National Outstanding Campus Involvement: Mu Chapter – University of Florida
The following colonies were granted chapter status:
- Upsilon Chapter – University of Texas at Dallas
The following brothers received awards for their outstanding work and dedication to the fraternity:
- National Brother of the Year: Alex Johnson – Upsilon Chapter, Epsilon Class
- National Alumnus of the Year: Sourabh Chatterjee – Theta Chapter, Gamma Class
- National Director of the Year: Shreedam Parikh – Eta Chapter, Nu Class
Every two years, the outgoing National President presents the Lion Heart Award, a Presidential Award of Recognition, to an individual who has taken it upon themselves to assist the National Board with an important project. National President Prashant K. Kher presented Mr. Jay Bhimani, of Iota Chapter, Gamma Class, for his hard work and dedication in working to set up the Beta Chi Theta Foundation this past year. Mr. Bhimani, along with his Foundation committee, have worked tirelessly this past year to do all the due diligence, research, and paperwork to get the Beta Chi Theta Foundation up and running.
All 2014-2015 National Board members were awarded for their service to the fraternity these past few years. National President Prashant K. Kher was awarded for his 6 years of national service to the National Fraternity.
The National Board of Beta Chi Theta National Fraternity, Inc. for the 2015-2016 Academic Year was sworn in at the Gala, and is as follows:
- National President: Sheevum Patel – Eta Chapter, Nu Class
- National Vice President of Internal Affairs: Adi Sundararajan – Eta Chapter, Xi Class
- National Vice President of External Affairs: Niloy Mukherjee – Eta Chapter, Rho Class
- National Vice President of Alumni Affairs: Josh Ouseph – Eta Chapter, Rho Class
- National Vice President of Financial Affairs: Suraj Sinha – Alpha Alpha Chapter, Alpha Class
- National Vice President of Records: Chintan Shah – Alpha Beta Colony, Alpha Class
The convention came to an end on Sunday with a successful day of National Board and Director transitional meetings and more office hours and open forum. Brothers took the rest of the day to explore the city of Dallas, and enjoy all that the city has to offer. National Board and the rest of the brothers would like to thank the brothers of Upsilon Chapter for their hard work and time in making this a smooth and successful weekend. Pictures from the weekend can be seen here.